Saturday, December 16, 2006

Yesterday I read all of Psalms 119 in the CSB version. I have probably read it at least 50 times before but in my reading this time I thought of how the author truly loved the Word. There are 175 verses in this psalm on how the Word has and does effects the author’s life and my life as well if I take time to read it. I admit it made me envious as I too love the Word but don’t seem to express it like he does. Also when you read psalm 119 you realize how intimate of a relationship the author has with the Lord. Intimacy is a behavior that a lot of us simply don’t take the time to develop. Intimacy takes time. It’s not a quick fix. Today I finished the Psalms and started Proverbs and in chapter 1, verse 33 it says this, “But whoever listens to me will live securely and be free from the fear of danger.” Listening to God includes reading His Word and what results is freedom from fear. I want intimacy with God and the absence of fear in my life. I will read the Word and develop intimacy with God and fearlessness!

1 comment:

Patrick McCallum said...

Hey Christian's Dad-

Good Blog.